Here is your opportunity to work with a long-standing, innovative company in the painting industry!
Join our tight family culture and become part of our amazing leadership team.
Improve systems, innovate, and set new industry standards.
Our estimating and production process is unique to the industry – harnessing technology, data and unmatched experience. In fact, our painting roots go all the way back to the late 1800’s. Check out our website for more company history…
About You – Traits and Skills Necessary for Success
- You have a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- You can effectively communicate project details to individuals and groups in an easily understandable way.
- You are masterful at managing your time and priorities in order to achieve your goals.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy building rapport & relating well to all kinds of people.
- You love frequent communication, interaction, and engagement with others.
- You can think on your feet to solve problems quickly.
- You will be working with an active, positive, and supportive team of people.
The Project Manager is a critical part of our company, so it is important that the person we choose will be a “fit” with our commitments and shared values.
About Our Company
Since 1958, Bob Kunst Painting has provided high-quality, long-lasting finishes for homeowners, property managers, contractors, and designers who demand the absolute highest quality service. By combining time-honored techniques from painters of the past with the best modern materials, our awesome team is second-to-none because they are encouraged to take pride and satisfaction in their work. Our customers love us because we are good people who happen to be painters.
This is for you if:
- You build strong relationships and relate to people both in person and on the phone.
- You have a natural ability to lead, influence, empower and hold people accountable.
- You gravitate towards a consultative approach and know when to use other leadership skills to influence change.
- You have the ability to connect with people and build trust quickly.
- You have a proven track record of planning, goal setting and executing to surpass targets.
- You get excited by business strategic planning, project management and problem solving.
- You’re incredibly resourceful, seek innovative solutions and demonstrate relentless tenacity.
- You optimize resources and time to engage with a broad portfolio of clients.
- You have the ability to see the big picture in every situation and do a deep dive on specifics when necessary.
- You have a results based mindset, allowing you to uncover opportunities and empower others to take action that will lead to valuable improvements.
- You display a high level of emotional intelligence and demonstrate a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
In this role, you will be:
- Working closely with homeowners, general contractors, designers, and property managers.
- Utilizing our Customer Management System and various resource tools to effectively communication both internally and externally.
- Facilitating group meetings to share ideas and best practices with our team.
- Generating options to help solve project issues that may come up.
- Following up with customers and open proposals to ensure positive results.
- Tracking and reporting key job information.
- Visit with homeowners, Contractors, and Property Managers to discuss their project, develop trust, and uncover needs they have.
- Accurately estimate projects; provide scope to ensure our production team hits profitability and service targets.
- Produce easily understandable work scopes for production staff with descriptions, photos, video, etc. for smooth transition.
- Track and submit change orders, additional work, and other communication throughout each project as needed.
- Experience in painting and/or construction.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong problem solving skills (A can-do attitude).
- Strong work ethic, professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Passion for continued improvement and sharing best practices
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree is highly desired. Preferably in construction management or business.
- An opportunity to lead hundreds of business owners across the continent to higher performance and exceptional results
- Be a part of an amazing team with other high-performers who work hard and have a ton of fun together
- Create massive impact in an organization with an already strong foundation
- An opportunity to join our amazing team and ride the wave with an organization that’s been awarded by Marin Magazine as the best painting company in Marin County and several national awards for Best Residential Paint project, Best Commercial Paint Project, and Most philanthropic.
- A chance to bring solutions to hundreds of customers across the North Bay
- A great base salary with a strong bonus package that rewards you for your results
- Exciting perks including traveling to fun locations for multiple training and team events
- Company vehicle, health insurance, 401k profit sharing plan, paid fuel, cell phone, laptop, and many other perks.
- General working hours are 6:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday, but the schedule will be set based on achievement of goals.
- Working mostly with clients in their homes and/or businesses, and networking events with referral partners throughout the North Bay Area.
If this sounds like you and you feel ready to take on an awesome new adventure, use the application form below and let us know why you’d be a great fit for our team.
BKP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.